Can I Still Have Mold if I Don’t See It?
Just because there’s no visible mold on the surfaces of your home doesn’t mean you don’t have it. Mold can often proliferate in rainy weather in Chattanooga, TN but if it’s hidden away in little crevices in your home then you might not find it until it’s done irreparable damage. This is where an indoor environmental specialist can help you by identifying mold growth before it spreads. By calling in a specialist, you may uncover a disturbing pattern of mold growth that’s been going unchecked for longer than you think.
Why Would I Suspect That I Have Mold?
If you can’t see the mold, why would you suspect you have it? There can be a number of tell-tale signs, including:
• Terrible odors caused by mycotoxins in the air
• Discolorations and stains on your walls, including water stains
• Cracking, peeling, or bubbling paint
• Issues with asthma
• Issues with allergies such as sneezing and congestion, with no notable allergens present
• Problems with water leakage in the home – while you may not see visible mold, where there’s water leakage mold and mildew almost always follow
• Condensation clinging to places such as windowsills and door frames
If these signs make you suspect you have mold, you may try a home mold testing kit, but you can get better answers from a professional indoor environmental specialist.
Why Trust a Specialist?
Mold can be extremely difficult to get rid of, especially if it’s hidden deep in the corners of your home and in inaccessible areas. Indoor environmental specialists are trained in detecting mold in places the average person wouldn’t think to look, and recommending safe remediation activities that may not be accessible to the general public. Specialists also know a great deal about the types of mold, and the damage they can do to your home – and can advise you not just on mold remediation and cleanup, but future mold prevention. Visit http://www.SERVPROnorthchattanooga.com for more information on mold.